Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brand New Comp Freezes

• Please log in to reply

AMKumar782

AMKumar782

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HEY i just got a new hp pavilion media center pc tv. :blink: model m7480n. I got it about two weeks ago but it's always having problems. I didn't know what was wrong, so several times I had to wipe the system. :help: As soon as it starts, i install norton internet security, and download all of microsoft's updates, and the new drivers from hp's website. Aside from that all I download is Msn messenger and AIM.

:) The freezing continues every so often however, and this is hard to believe bcuz when i wipe the comp its practically brand new. I don't overwork the computer either, the most complicated things I work with are internet explorer.

I have no idea what is causing this :whistling: . I am considering returning this to the manufacturer but i wanted to rule out anything i changed the computer with by downloading. I suspect a BIOS update from hp, but I am not sure what a BIOS is or does.

Lastly, sometimes it would freeze so bad and i would get so frustrated that I would have to plug. In total, maybe this happened say.....5 times? I don't know if this is related but i thought i would mention it

ANy help is appreciated

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Since it is a new computer i would not mess with it. Return it for exchange of another identicle or better computer. There is a hardware problem That probably is going to take the factory to fix. They don't really fix them anyway, they just pull all the good parts and junk the rest. I would not accept the same computer repaired. It is far better to start with one that has no problems. You usually have 30 days to take the computer back to where you bought it to exchange it.

SRX660