Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I disable built in motherboard gfx?

• Please log in to reply

Ryukk

Ryukk

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
:whistling:

Alright, recently I installed some windowsxphome drivers on my windowsxppro computer, whiched caused alot of problems and many different Blue Screen of Death errors. So I used my windows disc and used the repair feature to fix my computer. I uninstalled the gfx card and all the software that came with it before repairing. I did everything in the correct fasion and didn't fry the card. Now after I install the card and start up i see the intial start up screens but my moniter goes blank when i reach the desktop, but I still hear the desktop sounds, which leads me to believe the desktop is there, but I can't see it. I think this may be because after repairing using the windows cd it re enabled my built in gfx capibilities on my mother board, which I don't know how disable. The card is an ATIraedon9550XL 256 mb and only about a month old. If there is anymore info I left out that you think would be useful just let me know and I'll oblige you to the best of my ability.

Thanks,
Ryukk

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
telling us what motherboard would help

Sometimes, motherboards automatically disable onboard graphics cards when another is detected. Sometimes, you need to set its vga memory usuage (since they use shared system memory) to ZERO

Ryukk

Ryukk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
http://www.msicomput.......-L&class=mb

MY computer doesn't auto disable cause when I first got a gfx the person who installed it had to turn it off. Where would I turn the vga memory usage to 0?

Also, I tried installing the gfx card I had before my brand new one, and it goes blank at desktop too, i think it has to be the built in gfx causeing this.

Ryukk

Ryukk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks for no help bro, I just reformated my comp and that seemed to fix it.

I hope this isn't how you help all the retards that post here about there nabler comp problems.

GG