Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Built new System but NO DISPLAY

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have bought a new system and put it together, a intel 2.66 pentium D witha asus P5P-800 MoBo a gig of ram WD 160gb SATA hd. Everything got installed fine and everything powers up, But no matter what I do I don't get a disply. At 1st I thought it was a MoBo problem so I exchanged it but the same thing happens. I've tried clearing the CMOS and tried other graphics cards I had laying aroung one AGP and one PCI but still no success. I was just wondering what could be causing this ? Could it be the CPU? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. First, make sure the monitor you are using is good. Once you have verified that and if you still have trouble, do some barebones troubleshooting. Here is an excellent guide that tells how and why (credit The Elder Geek): http://www.theelderg...nstallation.htm