Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP freezes[resolved]

• Please log in to reply

paperone

paperone

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
;) Please help me I tried it all and I have over and over installed XP again i do not know what to do anymore my pc worked great untill I had to make some changes with my net operator. After there bad support I had to reinstall my system and the problems started know my pc freezes during all different kind of activitys even when it is left alone always after a cirtayn time but sometimes it dont??? What i have to do is to turn of the pc manualy and restart it again untill it happens again. ;)

I tried with Hijackthis, I one norton 2004, adware pro6, sygate firewall and i checked after viruses non found beside some reg keys. those i removed mostly all with regcleaner. I even tried the program you are manchining in some posts about buster and CWshreddar but nothing please help! I am starting to get enoyd of microsoft :tazz: PLZ?

Thanks in advance for any help

best regards

Paperone

Edited by paperone, 28 June 2005 - 10:10 AM.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Did you try using it with just the operating system installed. You could play games like pinball for a day or so to see if it freezes up. That would tell you a lot.

paperone

paperone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thank you for your help I will try it.