Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer wont detect my cd drives

• Please log in to reply

ineedmuchohelpo2

ineedmuchohelpo2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so this morning my cd drives are working fine

then when Im playing the sims 2 my computer randomly freezes and so i need to manually turn my computer off and back on. when I get it booted up i try opening my cd drive to load the sims again but the DRIVES are missing from my "my computer" folder. i tried system restoring It didn't work.

someone please help me get my drives back

(ps the drives spin the cd when I put it in the drive)

:whistling: :woot: :yes: :blink: :help: :) :woot: :woot:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Alright, let's not waste any time. We need to perform a System Restoration, which will hopefully fix the issue. Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. A new window will appear. Make sure that "restore my computer to an earlier time" has a bullet point next to it, and click next. You will now see a calendar. I want you to go back to yesterday. When you click on the day, you will see a list of times. Pick the one that best suits you. Click on next. You will now see a confirmation screen. Confirm that the date and time are correctly set, and click on finish. Your computer will now restart. Just before resetting, you will see a progress meter, showing you the restoration process. It may take a few minutes, so be patient. The computer will then restart, and with any luck, when you login, you will be back to normal. Good luck to you.

ineedmuchohelpo2

ineedmuchohelpo2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
your solution did not work pal :whistling:

Smarteykatt

Smarteykatt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm not a "Geek", but I had a similar problem. I went through all the steps to remove malware to no avail. Try going to Microsoft Windows website. Do a search on "Guided Help". When I did this, all was well afterwards.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I suggest posting your HijackThis logfile in our Malware section to see if this is virus/malware related. Do you know how to generate one of these logfiles?