Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

thinkpad 760el

• Please log in to reply

highspeed

highspeed

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have a thinkpad 760el I have windows xp installed on it. I can go back to 98 or what ever I need to on it.
My question is this I am not sure what type or even where to get the type of pcmcia card that works with this machine. I think it is a type1 but I am not sure any help would be appreciated. If you know part number or manufactures that would be even better.

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello highspeed,

Why do you want a PCMCIA card? The name PCMCIA is a generic description of the type of slot. Examples of PCMCIA cards might be wireless, USB2.0, Network, Firewire etc. What functionality is it you are trying to add?

Digikiwi

highspeed

highspeed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
HMMM,

I thought it was a type of slot. I am looking to connect this computer to the internet via highspeed internet not dial up any suggestions would be great. This machine has no usb slots. I can not think of any way other then the slots provided.

Edited by highspeed, 01 July 2006 - 05:40 PM.

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
You'll need an Ethernet 10/100 Network card.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is one that is for ethernet connect:

PCMCIA Ethernet Card

I would shop around and see if you can find a better price. Might check out TigerDirect. These were only a few quickly found. Call them for specifics on your notebook. I do not recommend any specific products, but I like to stay with well known manyfacturers.

Ron