Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error Code: 0xc0000005

• Please log in to reply

Gungji

Gungji

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been getting the Windows Explorer 0xc0000005 error non-stop when trying to open any type of music or video file. So far I've tried rebooting in safe mode and running the system restore program, but that hasnt helped. AVG, Spybot, and Adaware arent picking up any cases of virus's or spyware, so I'm pretty much at my wits end here. I would really like to avoid re-installing XP if possible, since I have no way of backing up any of my files atm. Any help on the situation would be greatly appreciated, and I would forever be in your debt. :whistling:

TIA

Edited by Gungji, 01 July 2006 - 08:01 PM.

Advertisements

Gungji

Gungji

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Followed directions step by step in this thread with no success yet.

http://www.geekstogo...p;hl=0xc0000005