Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video editing

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello everyone,
I was working on a small scale project one day and then it began to grow and grow. As the project grew i expected more and more out of the program i was using to more and more and offer more for me to do. Quickly i grew out of Movie maker and was soon attached to Adobe premiere 2.0.
Well that project is over and done with, and now a high profile company saw the video and is interested on having me make one for them (different theme of course). I'm hocked on premiere, but i used my schools to do it(at school of course). Well its time i bought something of my own to use on my computer so i can do this work at home. So, here is the question, i need some recommendations on some software (released or to be realeased). I'm setting a budget of 125$CAD. Is there anything better out there that I ought to demo and give a try before I go ahead and bye premiere. The other reason i siding with premiere is because i can get it bundled with photoshop at a reduced price.
What do you'll think?
thanx
James

Advertisements

s2006

s2006

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
hi james, i've been using wmm for a couple of months now & i also feel i've outgrown it quickly. i'm looking for more variations in special effects. i took a glimpse of the adobe premiere 2.0 you were talking about. what feature do u like most that it offers?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
to many to add, you can have more then 1 movie playing at one time, meaing if you looked around you could probably remove parts of the video so that only a bit showed.
there are keyframs.....i love these the most.
The HUGE amount of video and audio formats that it supports.
and i'm just getting started.
Its really a great program, i'm just wondering if there is anything better (for under 150$) out there that i should try out first.
James

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
there isnt anything better for under $150 :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff