Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting Better

• Please log in to reply

jhempelayo

jhempelayo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
ewido- one of the best AS merge with grisoft AVG
GRISOFT, the maker of award-winning AVG Anti-Virus, today announced the release of ewido anti-spyware 4.0, which provides comprehensive protection against a wide array of security threats. This new version is the only anti-spyware software to include a powerful combination of advanced security features such as generic unpacking of compressed malware, true memory scanning, heuristics, and use of binary signatures for the most thorough analysis of programs that place users’ computers at risk.

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, one notices that this board already suggests using this program if a victim suspects a malware infection, the trial 30day version that is; however, whether this board suggests going on to buy it I don't know, personally I don't like paying for things on the one hand, nor the fact that ewido is a resorce hog on the other. It would seem that nothing is 100% but with an AV I imagine that one thinks of it as a comprimise between protection and weight(like a suit of armour then) where one sees that it is as important to have something sturdy as it is to have something that still allows for a certain amoumt of movement.

Edited by fleamailman, 02 July 2006 - 04:04 AM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

New powerful anti-spyware!
GRISOFT, the maker of award-winning AVG Anti-Virus, announced the release of ewido anti-spyware 4.0 to expand its antivirus and firewall offering to include comprehensive malware protection against rapidly growing threats such as spyware, adware, dialers, keyloggers, trojans and worms.
Read the full press release
June 19, 2006

Not exactly new news and then again not exactly old news

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Actually, flea, Ewido is NOT a resource hog. :whistling: I've never had any complaints about it from people I've recommended it to.

Also, the only thing you really lose after the 30 day trial is the automatic updater for the virus database. After that, it's still fully functional, and can be updated manually. I've been using it over a year now on my own machine with no problems.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi Kat, not having it out with but I started a thread below to find out for myself. And also I wonder then if it isn't a resorce hog why we don't suggest it a perminant AV for the victim.

http://forums.techgu...tml#post3751128

Anyway, it will be good the see how this turns out, and right or wrong I am still you fan both because of the good work you do and because only someone like you appreciate the joy of real Swiss chocolate then.

Edited by fleamailman, 03 July 2006 - 01:06 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

why we don't suggest it a perminant AV for the victim.

probably because Ewido is NOT an Anti Virus program. :blink:

and yes, I enjoy *any* good chocolate :whistling:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
ps, I replied to the TechGuy thread, as well. :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks Kat, and thanks for replying there too, the question remains is whether to have it running all the time and how much resorce does that take, in fact two questions then.