Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want to Test Vista? Better Act Fast

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Microsoft UK .NET platform product manager Ian Moulster wrote in a post to his personal Web log that the company will cut access to Windows Vista Beta 2 on Friday, as the company has reached the number of testers it was looking to give access to through its Customer Preview Program.

Moulster gave some tips to those who want to beat the cutoff and ensure they have access to a copy of the Vista beta and Release Candidate builds. Users should start their downloads today, as Microsoft plans to maintain download servers until July 14, which means the download could be stopped and restarted later.

Additionally, users should ensure they have a product key, and activate their copy. "We may be able to provide people who have activated copies with future...stuff," Moulster wrote. "I'm being vague because I need to be, just trust me and make sure you activate."

Microsoft has been "blown away" by the amount of interest in Vista Beta 2, Moulster said. He also said that the company does not have a planned cutoff for the Office 2007 Beta 2, but access could be cut to that product as well in the future.

A spokesperson for Microsoft has confirmed Moulster's comments, saying the end of the Customer Preview Program would occur "shortly."

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What build number are preview users getting? MS released build 5456 after the Beta 2 preview...I was surprised they did this. FWIW, 5456 is much,,,,peppier? Seems to run much snappier