Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty 2 problems

• Please log in to reply

devil2575

devil2575

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Help, this is my first post and i'm hoping someone on here can help me out.

I am having a problem when trying to reinstall COD2 on my PC.

When I tried to autoinstall the latest version of the game, 1.3, on my computer the installation hung up before it was complete. I had to then close it down in 'Windows task manager'. I then found that this had corrupted my game and that i could not play it. I also could not uninstall it from add/remove programs. So I attempted a manual uninstall by removing the activision folder and all the files it contained and then removing the registry keys. However now when I try to reinstall the game I get the following error message:

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. c:\windows\installer\{DOA05794-48C2-4424-A15A-9F20FCFDD374}\1033.mst.

I don't know if this is relevant but before I tried to update the game I was playing online and my computer suddenly and without warning rebooted. When I tried to get back online I was told that my key was currently in use and to try again later. My firewall, Zone alarm, kept flashing warnings at me about the game, which it has never done since I allowed the game access to the internet. So I turned off the firewall but was then informed that there was a problem with my version of the game when I tried to join a server to play.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the problem and what i need to do to fix it :whistling:

Edited by devil2575, 02 July 2006 - 05:18 AM.

Advertisements

devil2575

devil2575

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump.

Anyone got any ideas?

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
the more you bump your thread the less staff will look at your thread..... be patient and some-one will help you.

try unistalling it from add/remove programs again and tell me y it doesnt let you remove it.... if you manage to remove it from add remove programs try reinstalling it again.

also can you post your system specs

thanks

Edited by daniel_c, 07 July 2006 - 05:09 PM.

devil2575

devil2575

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have managed to remove it from my system but I still cannot auto install the game. I get the same error message:

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. c:\windows\installer\{DOA05794-48C2-4424-A15A-9F20FCFDD374}\1033.mst.

So now I have done a manual installation. So the game now works except when I try to download the latest patch. I now get this error message:

Error: -1610 the configuration data for this product is corrupt. Please contact your support personnel

This error comes up after I have accepted the license agreement and selected which directory I want to install the patch in.

I have been conversing with activision about this problem but it seems to have them stumped at the moment.

My final option is wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows from scratch, but I don't really want to have to do this.

My system is as follows.

Standard Dell dimension 5000 desktop. 3gb pentium 4 chip 180gb hard drive, 2 gb ddr2 RAM, Nvidea GE force 7600 gt graphics card, DVD/CD R/W drive.

Thank you :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this is a windows installer error. download windows installer cleanup utility

install and then run the utility. look for call of duty 2. select and then click on remove. reinstall the game. once the game is reinstalled please install the 1.01 and then the 1.02 patches before installing the 1.3 patch. this will prevent issues when playing online.

It is common to that the "key is in use" issue. give it about 15 min. and the problem should go away.

also don't install the patches throught the "auto update". manually download them from activision.

as a last resort backup your registry. See this guide if you need assistance.
Then go in and look for the key you listed below: DOA05794-48C2-4424-A15A-9F20FCFDD374

delete this instance each time you find it.

devil2575

devil2575

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well it's on and working now.

Thanks for your help.

BTW does that windows installer cleanup utillity remove every single trace of a game i.e all registry entrie etc?