Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What do u think?

• Please log in to reply

jwardy07

jwardy07

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Is the best graphics card for Call Of Duty 2 for around £50?

Please get bk to me.

Jamie

Advertisements

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Ok for 50 you will not get playable frame rates at all.
I had an X800 XL and I could only play COD 2 with textures on low that is when I got acceptable FPS.
Can ur mobo take PCI-E? I think it only takes AGP Pro, so really if I was oyu and had alot of cash then I would upgrade my mobo processor and memory basically almost a new computer but seeing as you are asking for a card for 50 then I am guessing that is not your situation.
You have also not written the exact model of your card, and it seems pointless in upgrading if its an FX 5500 as all you would be doing with 50 is downgrading.
Sorry my pound symbol on this keyboard is not working.

For about 22 more you could get a Sapphire X1300 256MB DDR AVIVO.

In other words I need to know your exact graphics card model, however it looks like an unnesscary 'upgrade' and you will not see a huge improvement in such a demanding game suc as COD2.

Aslo why did you start off by asking 'Is? Should you not have asked 'Which?

Edited by Mitesh, 02 July 2006 - 12:21 PM.

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
ok, i started by saying 'is' because it carried on asking a question from the title, what do you think, then the msg being 'is the best blah blah etc', ok the reason why im tryin to get a new graphics cards is this 'from wat i posted earlier'

Hey ya guys, i got a big problem, a while bk i brought call of duty 2, i installed and had to do some form of software upgrade for my graphics card which is a Inno3d Geforce 4 MX440SE or along those lines, this was great cos i could play the game to a great level with great graphics etc, but then i had to format my computer, i reinstalled everything, i couldnt play CoD2 tho, so i tried doing software upgrades for my graphics card from both nvidia and inno3d like i did before, and this time niether work no more, just the screen becomes pixalated if i upgrade, if i dont upgrade the software, it remains on graphics card that it doesnt support dynamic textures when tryin to load the game,can anyone help?

J

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Well thanks for thanking me for my help.

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Dont get me wrong im grateful n'all, do u have a clue about my current graphics card predicament?

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
You got every other driver on there and you 100% sure? If not go to the manufacturing website and download for your mobo etc there doenst seem to be any other solution.

Edited by Mitesh, 02 July 2006 - 12:40 PM.

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
yer im on the inno3d website, 'trying' to download the driver, but the ftp site wont let me download it. its my last alternative

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Are you tring on this website : http://www.inno3d.co...oad_inno3d.html?

If you still cant get it tell me ur addy and ill send it to you via email.
Oh and what OS? (Operatinbg System)

Edited by Mitesh, 02 July 2006 - 12:46 PM.

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
yes im already on it, its began to download unlike previous weeks, will let u know how i get on, thanks anyway buddy!!!

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Ok im off so I wont reply untill tommorow so good luck! :whistling:

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Ok ive solved it, i formatted my computer again, reinstalled drivers and now it works, typical, sorry about all this, even tho still dont know why it happened in the first place, but as long as it works now. Thanks for you help.

Jamie