Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Floyd_Dizzle

Floyd_Dizzle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My copy of vista worked perfect for the first two weeks but then my programs wouldn't install anymore such as jre and adobe among others so now i want my xp back but... I made two huge mistakes though... I didn't create a separate partition for vista and i do not have an xp disk... Can somebody help me please...

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i am sorry to inform you that a "successful" upgrade cannot be uninstall.

During an upgrade, a c:\windows.old folder is created, but this only works if the upgrade fails...once windows vista successfully loads, there is no mechanism for getting back to XP.

The upgrade option wasn't even there for most beta builds and only recently was added, but it is rife with errors.

I am sorry, but there is nothing we can do--if you want XP back, you will need to buy a disk and reinstall