Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Core Duo 2 Conroe LGA 775 heatsink?

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Will current LGA 775 heatsinks work with the new Conroe? Or are the mounting holes diffrent? Seeing as it outputs less heat, current top end heatsinks + fans should if they are comptabile with Conroe cool it amazingly well maybe not amazingly but certainly we will see low tempratures then the current generation of LGA 775?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Will current LGA 775 heatsinks work with the new Conroe? Or are the mounting holes diffrent? Seeing as it outputs less heat, current top end heatsinks + fans should if they are comptabile with Conroe cool it amazingly well maybe not amazingly but certainly we will see low tempratures then the current generation of LGA 775?

This information isnt really out right now but the cpu fans for the lga 775 socket means that it will fit all cpu's with that socket... It should fit it, I dont see why not. Anyway when you buy the conroe it comes with a fan with it which is all you would need for now unless you want to overclock it quite abit..

The cpu fans like Zalman will definately fit and work with the conroe because zalman fans have the heatsink and fan implemented together... They come with the brackets and cpu spacer to where the fan will work on any lga775 cpu even the pentium d...

In simple words if it will fit the pentium d dual core cpu it will fit the intel conroe cpu...

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
So would my current Zalman fan pull it off? I just bought it quite recently and if i upgrade I do not want to see it lying around wasting my 35 pounds.

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
If you're talking about heat, I'd imagine anything that could cool Intel's current desktop line will be more than enough to cool Conroe :whistling:

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

So would my current Zalman fan pull it off? I just bought it quite recently and if i upgrade I do not want to see it lying around wasting my 35 pounds.

Yes your Zalman copper CNPS9500 cpu cooler will fit on the intel conroe cpu.