Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Volume & Audio Controls

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hi All...The Question of the day here is....Are the volume/audio controls determined by the particular sound card you have installed or by the Operating system (I have XP)? Any input would be appreciated.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Yes, your audio is determined by what sound hardware you have on your computer. Windows basic sound software will work with many different hardwares but not all of them. Most sound card makers build their own hardware drivers to add in improvements and extra programs to use the added capabilities that they build into the cards. My creative audigy sound card has its own controls for sound in its programs. These are separate from the windows controls but setting them do control the windows settings also. If i turn the volume up in the creative play center player the windows volume goes up also. The volume can be changed in either.

SRX660