Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wireless Connection but no Internet Access

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have time warner cable internet access which is working fine when I hook up directly to the cable modem. I am also using a netgear WGR614v6 wireless router. Up until a few weeks ago the wireless router was working fine but one day it stopped working. I have reset the wireless router and setup the network on my computer so I can see a good connection with the router but when I try to access a website I am not able to connect. I am running Windows 2000 on a Dell Laptop. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

From your wired computer just open up a browser and type in http:\\ & hit enter.That will prompt you for a username & password.The username is admin & password is password by default.Once you login to the router click on the option on the left called router status & check if there is an ip address below the internet port.If you find an ip then it should go online.