Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File problems and other stuff

• Please log in to reply

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
I've got a number of problems

1) I have a feeling that a wordpad document I created has disappeared. I don't think I deleted since I haven't emptied the recycle bin in a long time. I could be mistaken about this but I'd like to know if there's a way I can check the history of what files I've created.

2) The text in one of my word pad documents has gone funny. What I typed originally is still there but there are lots of random letters and numbers as well such as "par\" at the end of sentences. What's the deal?

3) I'm getting worried about the things my Event Viewer is saying under System. Today it has said "The Driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has predicted that it will fail"

and

"The device 0 ,\Device\Harddisk0\D has a bad block".

Advertisements

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
I forgot that the internet history records the files you use. In regards to the first issue I see now that the file definately was created.

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
bmp

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
For your first problem:

open wordpad>file>scroll down to the bottom and see if the file name is in there.

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

For your first problem:

open wordpad>file>scroll down to the bottom and see if the file name is in there.

Scroll down to the bottom of what?

There is no scrolling with the File menu. Are you sureyou said what you meant?

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
In my wordpad, I have to scroll down to get to the bottom of the list.

Open wordpad, go: File> look at the bottom of the list to see if your file is in there.

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

In my wordpad, I have to scroll down to get to the bottom of the list.

Open wordpad, go: File> look at the bottom of the list to see if your file is in there.

The file menu only shows the last four wordpad files you use.

Amyway like I said I know I created the file because it showed up in the internet history and I know it's not on the computer anymore.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

I forgot that the internet history records the files you use. In regards to the first issue I see now that the file definately was created.

Sorry, I must have skipped that post by accident. :whistling:

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
bump