Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

old game question(rogue spear urban ops plat pack

• Please log in to reply

adavi221

adavi221

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey friend of mine are playing this old game for fun somehow he screwed it up.uninstalled part of urban ops.Well he went and reinstalled in by clicking explore on the disc and running setup.exe.....thats where his prob begins his new comp acts like its lagging and we believe its because of the uninstall reinstall thing that he has done.example...when he pushes w to move forward his character moves when he lets off of the "W" key he char continues to move forward for a little bit.Kinda like lag we've done searches through his comp to remove everything but to no avail is there any program(FREE)thatll remove all files of the 2 games(Rogue Spear and Urban ops)so it would be like a fresh install.

Advertisements

seamansster

seamansster

• Pip
  • 3 posts
RS can be a pain. In options try unclicking 'force software' that should solve that. I had a problem of the game freezing or disapearing when I started the mission that I fixed by setting the game resolution to the same as the desktop resolution. If you have other problems set it to run in compatibility mode for 98... I'm using 2k and it works though.

RustyPossum

RustyPossum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i'm sorry I don't know how to help with your problem, but I was wondering if you could tell me how to install Rogue Spear on windows XP. Whenever I try to run the Setup it tells me:
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."
Then there's an option of Close or Ignore.
I'd like to be able to play Rogue Spear again just for old time's sake but I can't even install it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers