Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player - video pauses at ponits

• Please log in to reply

VeryConfused7

VeryConfused7

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Could somebody please help me, i'm desperately trying to get windows media player working correctly and i have almost run out of patience.

I have windows media player 9 and win98 SE.

Media works fine when i play a mpg.

But when I play a wmv, although the audio is fine, the video will stall at points, and the video does not match up with the audio.

I have followed all the remedies suggested by the media player help guide but nothing has helped.

I have downloaded win amp and real player but I get the same result.

I have also downloaded the k-lite codec pack (standard) but that did not help either.

When I downloaded win amp i did get a message which read that i do not have the latest version of directx, I dont know if the latest version would help, anyway you need to confirm that u have a valid OS to download it from microsoft.

I've also noticed that the video will begin to stall or slow down often when the speed play is 800kb per second or faster, dont know if this means anything.

I would like to resolve this situation as quickley and as easily as possible - could someone please help me, I would be very greatful.
:whistling:

Advertisements

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
now this might be a problem with your video settings or video card
now it also might be a faulty problem with windows media first suggestion is installing up-to-date version of windows media so i hope you can resolve your proble m pm me for further help or ill be back kin post best wishes :whistling: