Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Better video card?

• Please log in to reply

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hey, I was just wondering, if a Ati x200 with 256mb of memory is better than an Ati X300 se with 128mb of memory?
Thanks

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
They're both about the same thing (very low end), just the x200 is integrated, and the x300 se is not.

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
exactly both the same i acctually dont recommend both but if i had to chosse out of both it does not really matter they are both the same exept exactly as quoted above the interegation in the x200 as apossed to the x300

i would actually use the x200 but thats my opinion

Best wishes :whistling:

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
yeah, the x200 has more memory and all, what does integrated mean? :S

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Integrated means the chip is already physically (integrated) in your motherboard. It doesn't have it's own video RAM so it shares your RAM with your system memory (if you would have 512MB RAM installed, 256MB would be for the x200 and only 256 would be left for your system's memory.)

A seperate card like the x300 has the GPU and video memory on an expansion card seperate from the motherboard. Some video cards share system memory like integrated but most don't.

What exactly are you comparing them for? If your upgrading for more speed in 3d games or something gpu intensive then look somewhere else. If you don't and just use the computer for office stuff, internet, e-mail, basic computer stuff then either is fine with the x300 being at an advantage since it won't be using so much of your RAM.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Yeah, Cuz my x300 is pretty slow, and I noticed that my friends x200 had twice the memory, and since he bought a new card, he said I could have his other one. anyways, thanks alot.

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Ok I don't know how can't just "give" you an integrated chip unless he's giving you the whole motherboard but whatever I'm glad that helped XD