Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP is in an Endless Reboot Cycle

• Please log in to reply

Pnutmaster

Pnutmaster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, about two weeks I started noticing that my computer was randomly restarting every now and then. I'd be in the middle of a conversation online and it would simply restart. I disregarded this as a random, acceptable error. Then, as if out the blue, my computer randomly restarted one day, only to be caught in a reboot cycle that never went past the Windows XP loading bar.

I hit f5 on the next reboot and ran the standard 'most recent settings', 'safe mode', all to no avail. I then attempted to use the 'disable automatic restart at system failure' option, and for a moment it appeared as if this had at least halted the restart scourge.

Unfortunately, after the Windows XP loading bar appeared I was presented with a blue screen which told me two things: unmountable boot volume and this windows error - 0x86F599E0 (0xC000006, 0x000000, 0x000000)

Alright, so, what the [bleep] does that mean, and is there anything remotely feasible that I can do to solve my little..problem. I'm assuming it's all due to a corrupted harddrive.

Help me, Geekstogo, you're my only hope :whistling:

Advertisements

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
ok do you still have th windows xp disk?

please consiter if you do not have the disk to do a system restore to a earlier point before this started happening if you have the disk then you may need to
do a boot from cd repair

if you have any questions dont feel shy!

please do reply asap because i am trying to help everyone at once i cant be everywhere at once :blink:

i just hope you get this problem resolved im trying to be everywhere at once lol well again best wishes:) :whistling:

OK, I merged three posts in another thread and five in this thread, either you haven't noticed the edit button or you are after a high post count

For the latter, I can use 3 down
:help:

[attachment=9409:attachment]

Edited by Keith, 02 July 2006 - 06:42 PM.

Pnutmaster

Pnutmaster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have my Windows XP installation CDs, but it seems that the computer isn't even reading them when it goes on its endless reboot run. I've tried 'most recent setting that worked', but that only brings me into the same cycle.

Does anyone know what Windows error - 0x86F599E0 (0xC000006, 0x000000, 0x000000) means?