Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

does not recognize cdrom

• Please log in to reply

jntex

jntex

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For some reason, my computer has to be rebooted..for it to recognize my cdrom...if i do anything, check email ect. i have to reboot .. when i check "my computer" it is not there, untill i reboot...have any ideas why? :whistling:

Advertisements

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
well, that ias a very odd situation have you made sure youve properly installed the driver and all nessesary parts ,and how long have you had this cdrom or computer for?

jntex

jntex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
about two years...i just noticed it in the last few months, if i want to play a game on cd...i always have to reboot...this alway s fixes the problem...it is odd, and i have never read any help on this problem....i just figured it was going out....but it works fine , when i reboot...you might know i would have a wierd one....im quite sure the driver was installed properly, it worked fine for a while...

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
ok well here since you dont know much about the driver i would suggest openning Control panel>System>Hardware>device manager> then find your cd rom try to update driver or check to see if it has any problems.

now if you feel re-installing the driver is nessesary then goto your devices manufacturers website and install a new driver. IMPORTANT: make sure you chose the correct model when you intall a new driver.

Best wishes :whistling:

jntex

jntex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well, i did all that you told me to. The drivers did not need updateing, when i check the devices, they say they are working properly...but then i go to my computer, and cd device E is still not showing up. I can reboot, and it will be there...I think, i have a computer gremlin...... :whistling: thanks for the info , anyway...