Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

The memory of my mouse's cursor is screwed up..

• Please log in to reply

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
when i do some things with my mouse, the cursor goes to a different parts on the screen or sumthing like that. like when i click an okay button, the cursor goes down onto somewhere else on the screen. and when i go into the 'Tools' options for internet explorer, and i refresh my cookies, the cursor hovers over the 'Okay' button. the memory for the cursor is not right. i use a laser IBM non-wireless mouse. isnt there any way i could make it so the cursor just stays in one spot unless i move my mouse?

Edited by Powerslave, 02 July 2006 - 08:35 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Powerslave!

Go to START-->CONTROL PANEL. In the new window that appears, double-click on MOUSE. In the next window that appears, click on the POINTER OPTIONS tab and uncheck the box next to Automatically move point to the default button in a dialog box. Click APPLY and OK. Your mouse should now only move when you actually move the mouse. :whistling:

Fenor

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
the newer model mouses have a button usually on top sometimes a dial by sqrew at the bottom of the mouse but this will increase and decrease the sensetivity of the mouse this will only be available to lazer mouses:)

Best wishes :whistling:

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Fenor, that box was not even checked in the first place. but i use a laser IBM non-wireless mouse. and the problem still persists. help?

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
its probly a computer problem
here is a link with a direct download to a ram booster to boost your memory see if this helps http://www.rambooste.../exe/rambst.exe

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
i used the ram booster, but it did not fix the problem. evertime i open something in windows that has an 'Okay' button on it, the cursor always drags itself to that 'Okay' button right away.

help!

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
thats deffinatally a spyware or virus plz scan ty

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Dont listen to him when he says Ram booster thats what he says to everyone...
yes could be spyware... the mouse you use... do you have another to try it might be a [beep] up in the mouse.. that has happend to me in games before

Edited by Dustinduse, 02 July 2006 - 11:35 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
This is obviously a some sort of 'smart pointer' feature included in the software that was installed when you first got the mouse. What is the make & model of the mouse itself?

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 03 July 2006 - 05:12 AM.

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
okay. i do not think it is a spyware problem or ad-aware problem or virus problem, becuz i use to use a wireless mouse before and i did not have this problem, plus i scanned my computer not to long ago.

here are the specifications of my mouse:

MODEL: MO28BO
ASM P/N: 19K2005
Manufactured for Micro Innovations
S/N: 23- 0 1 7 3 4 4
Company: IBM

help?

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
if its not a problem it is probably a problem with a feature in your mouse go through all the setting's with your mouse and check for a special feature like auto select (example)

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
how do i do that?

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
it's been 5 hours and no one has replied. can someone help me?

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I FIXED THE PROBLEM!

The problem was is that I needed a PS2-Connector and connect it into my USB of the mouse, and that fixed the problem.

problem solved.

Edited by Powerslave, 04 July 2006 - 05:30 PM.