Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Command Line

• Please log in to reply

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hello there,

I was just wondering. My girlfriend is doing office work for her dad in the summer holidays, basically this involves some very mundane work; scanning, file sorting etc.

Another of these tasks is that she has to cut and paste a lot of information etc from one place to another within a program.

Is there anything which would make it possible for her to cut and paste with a simple button press (or various buttons). Basically can a command line be written to allow her to cut and paste just by highlighting and pressing one button combination?

Cheers,

Tom

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I don't know if you can do a command line to copy/paste, but it is very simple to copy and paste by pressing either CTRL-C or CTRL-V respectively.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 02 July 2006 - 07:37 PM.

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
if you goto the top of a i-explore window and click edit you will find the short key's for easy access should make work alot easier.

best wishes :whistling:

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
"Clicks to copy.." (1)Left click hold and drag mouse cursor to hightlight source. (2)Right click while cusor over source. (3)Select and left click copy.

"Click to paste.." (4) Place cursor over target and left click. (5)right click while cursor over is over target. (6) Select and left click paste.

No keys, all mouse.