Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with DVD's

• Please log in to reply

NEEDHELPWITHPC

NEEDHELPWITHPC

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello Everyone,

I got some video clips on my computer and I wanted to download them onto a dvd disk so I can play it on my dvd player. I purchesed Maxwell DVD-R disks to do so but I believe I have one problem. I have an EMachines T2865 and I have no clue if it has a dvd burner. Could somebody tell me if it does or does not and if it does not, could you perhaps help me by telling me what is a good DVD burner to buy. I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 so i'm pretty sure I can make a dvd using that program. Thanks everyone. Any help is greatly appreciated because i'm so very lost at this moment :whistling:

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Go to start>>run>>programs and see if there is a DVD burner there.

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
well if you look at the place where youinsert your did you should be able to tell by seeing if it says something like DVD ROM in big letters indication.
If there is no indication of dvd on it most likely it is not a dvd burner.
i recomment buying a dvd burner from geeks.com or from online shops they are much better quality for a lower price :whistling: you will need to get i high speed dvd rw burner in order to burn dvd's

best wishes :blink:

NEEDHELPWITHPC

NEEDHELPWITHPC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I checked and it only says Compact Disc ReWritable High Speed, RW DVD ReWritable and DVD R/RW. If I buy a DVD burner, does it come with a program to make dvd's or is that only certain models? Thanks for helping! I found this burner Best Buy Burner. What do all of you think about it?

Edited by NEEDHELPWITHPC, 03 July 2006 - 06:54 AM.