Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System Shut Down Will Not Restart :O

• Please log in to reply

jjedlikowski

jjedlikowski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling: A few months ago, I built an awesome system on Newegg.com. It ran great and had no problems until recently. I was playing an mmorpg (had only been playing a few minutes, and the system didn't seem to be overheating) and everything shut down for no obvious reason. Now, I can't get the computer to start. There are lights on in the tower, and every now and then the fan and backlight will come on, but just for a second, then it fails again. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in, turning the power supply off and on again, and nothing is working. I don't want to have to replace a part if i don't have to and find out it doesnt fix the problem. Any ideas? :blink:

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Hi jjedlikowski, and welcome to G2G.

First, try swapping out the power cable. If that doesn't fix it, remove the PSU and give it a good look over then swap it with a "known good" unit. Then reconnect only what is absolutely nessesary to boot up the computer and try to start it again.

And can you post your hardware specs? PSU, Mobo, etc...

:whistling: