Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Icon Status

• Please log in to reply

joejobs

joejobs

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Hi,
I have the following problem:
I connect to internet through wireless. The wireless icon does not change it is always in the not connected status (the small computer with a red X). When I connect, I check the view available wireless networks page and shows my connection with the status:(not connected), I check IE and I can browse normally.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
That's interesting... When did you notice this happening?

StewBizzle

StewBizzle

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have had similar problems, but it might help to reset your wireless router, I don't know why, but every now and again, my router acts up, and reseting it or turning it off takes care of the problem.

Also, have you tried configuring a static ip, and connecting that way, or perhaps making sure wireless zero configuration is enabled in services.msc, instead of the potentially annoying software some wireless cards come with?