Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resetting page border defaults

• Please log in to reply

babyloniantg

babyloniantg

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Sometime ago I started opening several word documents that had images that took up pretty much the whole page and word had to reduce the vertical page borders to zero. My problem is that Word somehow thought I liked this enough to make it my default so that every time I create a new document my vertical borders are zero. I know how to change this for my current document, (Format > Borders and Shading) but I can't seem to find how to apply the changes to all my documents. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks.

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Click on File > Page Setup... and change the margins to what you want the default to be. Then, Click on the Default... button and select Yes. That will change your Normal.dot file, which is your default template for documents.