Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2003 home setup - mucho DNS problemos

• Please log in to reply

intraining

intraining

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all!
I am a bit new to these forums hoping to find some assistance, as some would say, brain-picking knowledge.

I have worked with NT, 2000 and 2003 but have never attempted to setup one from the get go.
My configuration:

Desktop - is now (by the will of DNS gods) non web browsing Win 2003 server that will not recognize rest of the network

Laptop - xp wireless setup using WEP encryption to the AP wireless Dlink router/hub

D-links - router/hub operating on 802.11g technology communicating via WEP encryption with the laptop and Ethernet cable to the desktop (server 2003) that refuses to communicate.

QUESTIONS:

1) What is my step number one in setting up DNS properly (when I was setting up Active Directory DNS wizard set it up for me but I played with the setup and change some settings - uppsss)

-I need to get to Internet via server and its not letting me - it will not acknowledge the connection to the router - it will not acknowledge my ISP configuration - it's connected via wire to the router - what could be the problem.

So those are my troubles - DNS with 2003 for starters and then if it does not work - ah we'll see.

Edited by intraining, 03 July 2006 - 09:08 PM.

Advertisements