Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with TV-Out on Laptop

• Please log in to reply

SacKings384

SacKings384

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
So I recently bought an S-Video cable for my Dell E-1505, which has a video out on the back. I put it in my lappy, then in my TV but nothing shows up. I checked on multiple TV's and none of them worked. So I troubleshooted it, and it took me to a point where it said "Are your secondary display drivers installed?" So I followed the directions to install them by manually selecting them from the list they gave me. I tried every single drisplay driver that they gave me yet not one of them worked. The only display driver I have is my one labeled "M54" from my Omega Drivers. Every display driver I installed didn't work and had a big ! next to it. I am totally stuck. Any ideas? Thanks

Advertisements

SacKings384

SacKings384

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ok so I have pretty much narrowed down the problem. As soon as I select "Attatched" on the second monitor a checkmark goes next to it, and the second one comes into focus, but as soon as I click "apply" the checkmark is no longer next to the "Attatched" option, the "Extend windows to this monitor" is no longer checked, and the 2 monitor goes back out of focus. Any ideas? Is it the secondary driver?