Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Setup for AVG asks for a update folder, where is it?

• Please log in to reply

Classy2

Classy2

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
To my dear helpers,
I have searched for AVG Upates without success. I hoped to fix the AVG ''out of date database'' even tho I manually updated it. I never recieved a password innn order to do an update. It also prevented me from activating my free updates because I have in the past used my same email address. I tried changing my email but it wouldnt work.

iN additon, Im looking for a workable ZoneAlarm with firewall only. I read the new ones arent working. Will you kindly tell me an older version which will work.
If I was to buy a firewall and anti-virus which of these are for a novice to install and unistall easily;unlike Norton.

With appreciation,
Classy

Advertisements

jhempelayo

jhempelayo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
have you try to uninstall and reinstall the AVG?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't need a password for AVG, you've probably downloaded the commercial version instead of the free one.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hello Mr.Jones,
yes, I have watched engineers in my home, unistallinng to fix many problems. Unfortunately it isnt working for me.
I have typed in at google AG free verssion n the link on this web site,it didnt work.
Trying all this, will you kindly help me by giving me the correct link.

Many thanks for your help
Classy

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://www.grisoft.c...ng/us/tpl/tpl01 is the link to the free AVG scanner.