Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Subfolder Command?

• Please log in to reply

beethoven

beethoven

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Sometimes I'd like a special command that tells the computer to use a folder and its subfolders. For example, some screensavers allow you to pick a folder of pictures to rotate through. The problem is My Pictures has subfolders that don't get used. Is there a way in the Browse box to say "My pictures 'and subfolders'"?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I know you may not like this sugestion, but why not put all the photos you want to use as a screensaver in one folder? Just call it simply screensaver pix or whatever. Don't know of any particular screensaver program that gives you multiple options of folders to use. Did have one at one time that let you pick the images to use, but have forgotten the name.

Ron

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I have so many pictures that they really need to be sorted into folders. It's not just screensavers, there are other apps, and other totally different scenarios, when I wish I could say "this folder and its subfolders". I'm just wondering whether there is some special code that can or formula do that. Something that makes the computer think that it's all one folder, perhaps.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I know of no code or special programs for what you want to do with other folders/files other then images. Possibly someone else reading this thread has come across a program that does what you want as mentioned in post #3.

If you wish to sort and manage your photos, you could download and use the free Picasa2 from Google. Gives you a lot of options to edit, rename, move photos, files and folders. This is just one of the free ones. A companion app called Hello is available too.

Ron

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Somehow, I'm not sure why I want it, but I do. I know that something must exist because Windows must use it. For example, when you search for a file, somewhere deep in the coded command, it must say "my computer and subfolders", not "My Documents, and Program Files, and Windows,........" There's gotta be something and if anyone knows how to do that, let me know. Otherwise, good intentioned as it is, photo organizers, new screensavers, etc. don't really answer the question (not problem). Also, if the issue in Sharing Files could be answered, I could just put a copy that doesn't really exist into a hodgepodge picture folder. I just don't want two of them!

Edited by beethoven, 08 July 2006 - 01:21 AM.