Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer won't power on

• Please log in to reply

jakter

jakter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I can't get my laptop to come on even to put in a recovery disk . is there anything I can do?
it has xp

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
So when you press the power button, nothing happens? No fans spin, etc?

jakter

jakter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no , nothing, I've tried with the power cord plugged in and without ...just using the battery

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Please give us some system specs, starting with the brand and model.

mark.ison

mark.ison

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have also just come across this problem. Since last night my laptop has slowly deteriated in to nothing. first it was crashing while loading windows, then it said a file was missing before loading windows, then it just came up with a blank screen and bow it won't turn on what so ever...

I have a Compaq ev0 n1050v. Its a 60gb hdd, 512mb ram, pentium 4 2.2g processor.

Any ideas?

jakter

jakter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
my system is a compaq evo, operating system XP.with 60g hard drive and 512 RAM and a pentium processor.
I can't get it to even light up , the fan, anything...

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
It's best if you made your own topic. Although your issues are similar, the instructions may be different. If you make a new topic, someone will get back with you.

jakter

jakter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I think I started this topic, should I do it again?

mark.ison

mark.ison

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
apologies! i came in second on this! thought it would be easier as the problems sounds the same as mine. I'll start another if need be!