Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring (turning "on") Video preview as a thumbnail

• Please log in to reply

Clueless Net

Clueless Net

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,

Happy 4th of July. I'd appreciate your help on turning the video previews back "on" when seen under thumbnails view. I have a Windows XP.

Some time ago, whenever I click on a folder's thumbnail view, I would see what each picture is, and the first scene of any video that I have (.avi files for example), so I would know what each contains. But then a program (Moviemaker) kept crashing, and I read somewhere to turn off the video image previews. I followed the steps and indeed I could no longer see the video previews (but I could still see the pictures' images in thumbnails view). The videos would instead display the icon of the player that plays it (realplayer in my case). And my moviemaker stopped crashing. I have now fixed that program, so I want to turn on my video image preview again.

Could someone tell me how to do that? I've looked at the Folder Options, and nothing there helped. I may have used the "run" command and specified something "off." But I don't remember it, and google didn't return anything helpful--maybe i used the wrong keywords? The last entry on my run command is "cmd." Could this be something I used?

Please help me turn on the previews again. Thanks!

Advertisements