Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows does not recognize USB 4-port hub

• Please log in to reply

kramerd1506

kramerd1506

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello. I have a powered 4-port USB 2.0 hub from Vakoss. When I plug it into an older Sony VAIO laptop windows gives me an error that says "USB Device Not Recognized - the usb device has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it". The hub is okay and the port is okay. I know this is a common problem because I have seen it around the internet, but I haven't seen a decent answer on how to overcome it. What is the cause and how can I use this hub on my laptop? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Shove it in another USB port?

One of the updates to XP in the last few months has really upset it when it comes to USB devices, and quite a few things are reported as malfunctioning, yet sort themselves out on the next reboot. also try rebooting with the hub plugged in.