Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

one way networking

• Please log in to reply

tjs57

tjs57

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My network has gone haywire. I can access my laptop from my desktop but I can not access my desk top or printer from my laptop. Any idea's. It has worked before. Seems like when I print from my laptop I can do that once and then lose contacxt from laptop.

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi there,

This is not uncommon. I had the same problem. The first thing I want to check is this: Are you by any chance running Norton Antivirus (or any other Noton/Symantec incarnation)? This is known to fiddle with a registry setting known as IRPStackSize. Have a look here for how I fixed my problem (read the whole thread first before trying a fix). Let me know if you need any help or further clarification.

Digikiwi

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Disable windows firewall. I used to have that problem, my XP home with firewall on couldnt be seen on any network, but once off it all works fine

tjs57

tjs57

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Disable windows firewall. I used to have that problem, my XP home with firewall on couldnt be seen on any network, but once off it all works fine

Thanks tried that before and other things then it just started working again not sure if anything worked or if the gremlins just left

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
lets hope it doesnt happen again