Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Page Cannot be Displayed

• Please log in to reply

Romulan

Romulan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running Windows XP on three PCs that are networked. We are using a Linksys BEFSR81 Cable/DSL Router with 8-Port Switch. We are using Verizon DSL.

WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ACCESSING ANY PAGE ON THE INTERNET EXCEPT THE ONE DESCRIBED BELOW. WE DO ON-LINE BANKING, DO PURCHASES ON THE INTERNET, ETC. FROM ALL THREE PCs.

We have issues with one particular website from all three PCs:
The site is www.ohioscpa.com. We can access this main page without a probelm. We then click on the "CPE & Events Catalog" link on left side which takes us to a "search" page. This also works without a problem.
We leave the search criteria as defaults and then click on "Search" and I get following error:

The Page Cannot Be Displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

We have had very little help from the Network Administrator there other than his saying that it is a network problem on our end.

Any ideas about what the problem could be???

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
hm.. the search works for me but i get a whole bunch of script errors. What browser are you using? It's most likely a problem with the website. To test for sure, try accessing it on another internet connection.

Edited by Numb Remxed, 04 July 2006 - 05:14 PM.

Romulan

Romulan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am running Windows XP on three PCs that are networked. We are using a Linksys BEFSR81 Cable/DSL Router with 8-Port Switch. We are using Verizon DSL.

WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ACCESSING ANY PAGE ON THE INTERNET EXCEPT THE ONE DESCRIBED BELOW. WE DO ON-LINE BANKING, DO PURCHASES ON THE INTERNET, ETC. FROM ALL THREE PCs.

We have issues with one particular website from all three PCs:
The site is www.ohioscpa.com. We can access this main page without a probelm. We then click on the "CPE & Events Catalog" link on left side which takes us to a "search" page. This also works without a problem.
We leave the search criteria as defaults and then click on "Search" and I get following error:

The Page Cannot Be Displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

We have had very little help from the Network Administrator there other than his saying that it is a network problem on our end.

Any ideas about what the problem could be???

We are using I.E 6 Version: 6.0.2900.2180 (SP2). Others have accessed the site without issues but they are using different ISPs - AOL.

Edited by Romulan, 05 July 2006 - 06:11 AM.