Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Erratic, somtimes stupid net connection...

• Please log in to reply

Hinata-chan

Hinata-chan

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well, now and again it just pings off, and nothing works for some time,
Somtimes it connects, and acts as though i'm offline. (eg. no IM services, no Browser, etc)
Somtimes i DO connect and it goes TEDIOUSLY slow, and i mean, 5+ minutes for google..

It's a Wireless Network Connection, using Belkin 802.11g Router..

It's never been this erratic and crazy, and i've checked For spyware and adware, and it seems fine..

Another problem is, somtimes when i try to connect, it tells me It's renewing IP, then just gets stuck there, and carries on trying to 'Aquire Network Address' forever...

Please, i want to keep my net stable for at least an hour for once!!

Thanks. H.

(If you need any more info, just reply)

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
try connecting directly to your isp and see if it's still like that. If not, then there's something wrong with your router. Try moving your computer closer to the router and double check your configurations.

Hinata-chan

Hinata-chan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
The modem is downstairs, PC upstairs.
That is the whole reason why i have to use a wireless, there is no way i can do that unless i take the PC downstairs, which i cannot do. (It's in the shop below)

I tried getting into the configuration, where you give the address bar your IP, but it keeps rejecting my password.