Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

possible problem with graphics card

• Please log in to reply

Sheol

Sheol

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use an Nvidia Geforce 5200 FX, it has given me problems in the past (specifically, Direct3d was effed up) but I managed to fix them somehow. Today I came home and the sizing of my display was all screwed: http://img86.imagesh...ntitled22vl.png
The blue is how it should be and the red is how it is. I tried my usual trick of shutting it down, turning off the power supply in back, turning the monitor off then back on, then unplugging it from the back, turning it on and off again, plugging it back in, on and off, then start it up again. For some reason that has helped in the past, but it didn't do [bleep] this time. And the display is so messed up I can't even see what I'm doing, so I can't even mess around with the settings for my graphics card. If I could I wouldn't even know what to do. I also tried resizing it using the buttons on the monitor, but they were already at max size and playing with them didnt really change anything. I'm sorry for the lack of explanation in this post, I'm fairly computer literate until something breaks down. So if there are any suggestions anyone has, please let me know.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would delete the drivers from device manager and download the newest drivers from the nvidia website. The drivers cd you have is probably not up to date so i would not use it. If the problem persiste after installing new drivers the card is probably going bad.

SRX660