Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe?

• Please log in to reply

cypress

cypress

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Earlier today, my sister booted up her computer only to find an error that said the NTOSKRNL.EXE was missing or corrupt. I tried to use the Windows cd, but it didn't seem to find anything wrong. Then I used chkdsk /r in the recovery console and was able to fix it after a few tries.

Then I restarted the computer and was hit with an error that said something like C:\windows\system32\system was missing or corrupt. I ran chkdsk /r again, because i didn't know what else to do. After that it seemed to be fine, but I wanted to check windows just to be sure. I ran the windows cd and it said that windows was damaged. I pressed "r" to let it repair. After that finished I let it restart once more.

Then right after the Windows screen there was an error that said "lsass.exe - System Error, Object Name not found." Now I can't finish repairing windows and I'm really at a loss of what else to do. It seems that it (the virus or whatever) has password protected me out of the recovery console. There was never a password, but now I can't get in it...

Any ideas? Please help, you'd be my hero forever :blink: :whistling:

I don't really know if this is a virus, but all of the other websites I've been to seem to point to that. All the other websites need me to be able to get to the desktop to fix this, but how can I when I can't get that far?

Edited by cypress, 05 July 2006 - 12:44 PM.

Advertisements