Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PROBLEM WHEN I OPEN VIDEO FILE

• Please log in to reply

ironmaan

ironmaan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HELLO IM RUNNING WINDOWS EX when i click a folder this ACE Mega CoDecS comes up wanting to run , but dont do anything, always comes up and will not go away :whistling: :blink: C:\DOCUME~1\TROYAN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\_isB\ is where this stuff is .

im baffeled can anyone help???????? :help: :)

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Please download and run hijackthis Do a scan and then save a log. Take the log and ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post. In order to attach it, you will either need to change the .log extension to .txt, or you will have to put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodals and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty.

ironmaan

ironmaan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
im not sure if thats what ya wanted me to do or not.........lol. i apprecate the help guys.

Attached Files

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
It looks like you might have an infection. I see some rather suspicious entries.

Please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. Do NOT private message someone for assistance. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 04 July 2006 - 10:35 PM.

ironmaan

ironmaan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
fixed problem, had to finish microsoft download, and then delet the file. thank you for your help. :whistling:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
May I ask what the microsoft file was that you had to finish downloading and then delete?