Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copyright Laws

• Please log in to reply

helloppls

helloppls

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just want to add sum nice eye candy to my tagworld site for friends to look at nothing more. I am not selling nething. Just all for fun! Anyways i can understand not altering images and putting the artist name with it, if i was to post it and also setting a link up back to them if the artist allows and ive asked for permission from artist on pictures and got the ok everytime with a couple simple rules as i explained above. But then you have sites with great eye candy, that say nothing about getting ahold of them to ask permission or explain rather or not you can use them. Wat up wit that , just go on ahead save it to my computer and dont alter the picture in any way and acknoledge the artist or designer by putting there name with it , which usually most images have there name or email on the bottom of the image. I guess the main question would be is. Am i on the right track with this thinking? :whistling:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Unless you've created the content yourself, you should ALWAYS ask permission before using it.

helloppls

helloppls

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just wishful thinking...lol! that would stand for every image out there except the ones that are for free right. ANd if thats the case a whole lotta ppls are breaking copyright laws because you know they didnt create it and they surley didnt ask for permission. Is that just the chance they take. Im truly going the book on this. Just trying to truly understand how everything works on the net with the laws that is cause you knows alot of peoples and thats an understament are displaying lets call eye candy pictures and not asking permission! Is just the risk there taking and if so that seem like alot of ppls taking a big risk and you would think alot of these smaller artist and designers would be making it rich off lawsuits or something..lol! Am i way off base wit that assumption or what? :whistling: