Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook Accounts Servers question

• Please log in to reply

excellent choices

excellent choices

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I am brand spankin new at this. I hope you are able to help me.

I added an email address to my account and I am able to send messages with it but I cannot recieve. It keeps poping up the usernamae and password screen. I enter the correct info and it pops it up again. so that is saying to me it thinks it is wrong info and it is correct.

when i click on outlook then tools then accounts then properties then servers is there something special I am to do there?

Right now I do not have the square clicked under Incoming Mail....Logon using Secure Password Authenticaton because my account that works properly does not have it clicked on that account.

Do you know what i even mean? thanks for listening and I really appreciate your help in advance.

Excellent Choices....

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hey excellent choices,

what kind of email server are you using. A imap, smtp, microsoft exchange server? In tools-> email accounts you can enter the incoming mail server.

However, if it keeps asking you to login, it may be a server setting and nothing you can do locally.

hope this helps,
ditto