Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet keeps closing down when it feals like it comp is slow

• Please log in to reply

jimbo_mcbagins

jimbo_mcbagins

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi, thanks for taking the time to look, :)

recently purchased a 512mb of ram now have 1gb of ram, since its been installed the computer is a little bit slower and internet keeps crashing. A window pops up saying send error report yes or no? this happens at twice every half an hour!

I also installed a dvd re-writer but have not installed the software for it but it works fine! it got to a point where it was annoying me so much that ive rebooted my computer to my factory settings as if it was new!

With the help of :whistling: crustyoldbloke :blink: from geeks to go, he has helped me install many reg cleaners millwall cleaners and anti spyware, I did a final HJT log and he said its not 100% but very close he cannot see anything wrong with computer suggested that it was the harddrive on its way out but wasnt sure so reccommened I post it in this forrum,

ive now taken out the 512 ram i installed and its only done it the once! could it be dodgy ram? could it be my harddrive? it only happened when I installed the new ram and dvd writer ......any help would be gratefully recevied. :help:

many thanks jay!!!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could test the memory with memtest86+ from http://www.memtest.org/

root

root

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
There is also another wonderful tool from Microsoft, called Windows Memory Diagnostic, which is available free HERE.

Faulty RAM has broken all of our hearts at one time or another. :whistling:

Best of luck,
Root

jimbo_mcbagins

jimbo_mcbagins

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I clicked in the site but didnt know what to download :help: or how to use it :whistling:

Thanks anyway Jay !!! :blink: