Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

games help for beta program

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
hi..not sure if anyone can help here or even if i can post this but gonna anyway....there is new online gaming site which has more or less taken over from the msn gaming zone since it shut down most of its card and boardgames...site name is wgcenter.com....problem with their site is that alot of older version windows like mine cannot enter some of their game rooms..and this problem happens to be same for most of users like me...when i try enter their spades lobbies..I along with many many others get same error message which says ...client.exe has performed illegal operation and will shut down...when we go to support for help is same answer everytime...uninstall and reinstall the client, empty cookies and temp files..turn off firewall etc etc....truthfully they dont know how to fix the problem and are running many of us around in circles...first they try to say is our systems..something wrong with our pc's etc, but cant be so cos there are many of us with same problem.....if you go to their forums you will see what i am talking about when it comes to this client error msg....anyway guess what I am asking is that is there anyone out there that can help in this area????....once again, most people with these problems are running 98 and ME

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Is the game site Java, Flash, or ActiveX based?

shaz

shaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi not sure how to tell whether is flash or the other thing u mentioned..but here is a thread i pulled, maybe that can tell ya

WGC first was programmed in an older version of RealBasic which supported all O/S without a problem. Hence, when the client was in version 1, no one had any problems entering on Win 95, 98 and ME systems. However, to provide better stability, efficiency, and security, WGC had to update the code using the newest version of RealBasic. This new version of RB did not initially support Win 95, 98, and ME operating systems. However, WGC programmers being as skilled and talented as they are, found a workaround the problem and have figured out a way to make WGC compatible with older Windows operating systems. The fix was initially thought to have been implemented in version 2.0.7. I believe, however, after releasing the update, it became apparent that some problems for Win 95, 98 and ME users still existed. Currently, with version 2.0.8, many Win 95, 98, and ME users are able to enter the lobbies, and some can even play games successfully. However, others using the aforementioned operating systems are still experiencing difficulties.