Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New motherboard but no displ<y

• Please log in to reply

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
im extreamly mad, but he said he tried my processor in another board he had and it worked ok, he also said he tried another processor in my board and it worked ok, so the tit just messed up when he ordered the board, i gota ring to morrow to see of he can get a new board thats compatable to my processor, he better hurry up casue i aint waiting around anymore if its not fixed tomrrow i am asking for my money back and going else were,....

Advertisements

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
ok went to the shop, talked the them, they said they had a board that works with my processor, its the ASUS P4V8X-X motherboard,, its tiny as H E L L, no on board graphics card so they put a 64mb graphics card in, i asked about if i have to pay, i waited for about 10 mins while they talked at the back of the shop, all i can say is not very professional, in the end i didnt have to pay, ok so now i need to ask u guys, did i get ripped off or not, i looked and the ASUS P4V8X-X seems to be an old mobo thats discontinued, i paid 59 euros for the
PCCHIPS 661-FX FSB 800 DDR 400,

which board would u say is the better, just want to know if i got ripped off... or got a good deal in the end ....... waiting for your reply..............thanks

Edited by StaticRed, 12 July 2006 - 10:48 AM.

speleocaver

speleocaver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
ASUS P4V8X-X It seems that this one will support a 3.2 ghz processor... and it has most of the bells and wistles... sill it fit in your box? I really don't know the ins and outs on these boards but it seems the price is about 58 US for the new board you just got. I had trouble finding the old one but several that were simular were priced about the same. You got the vidi thrown in so I'd guess you made a deal. Let me know if all goes well...

Best Regards,

Christian :whistling:

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
hi, thanks for your reply, cool it will run a 3,2ghz, mmmmm might buy a faster processor sometime soon, yep it fitted in my case tho it looks tiny in it i read a few things about it and i am happy enough now,,thanks for all your help