Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No power, No nothing!

• Please log in to reply

mark.ison

mark.ison

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Since last night my laptop has slowly deteriated in to nothing. first it was crashing while loading windows, then it said a file was missing before loading windows, then it just came up with a blank screen and bow it won't turn on what so ever...

I have a Compaq ev0 n1050v. Its a 60gb hdd, 512mb ram, pentium 4 2.2g processor.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Check the ac adapter and power supply. If it will not turn on at all, that would be the place to start. If you have a digital multimeter, you can check the output of the ac adapter. A dc voltage as specified by the manufacturer should be present.

mark.ison

mark.ison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I will check this. However the battery is displaying that it is fully charged and there is still no life! could it still be the power supply in this instance?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
There are lots of things it could be. Since it won't turn on at all, power supply is a good place to start.