Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tomb raider 4 on dell 8200 laptop it won't load- ideas?

• Please log in to reply

icer

icer

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
hello, :help:
as title suggests i am trying to load tomb raider 4 on a dell laptop 8200 1.7ghz pentium 4 with geforce2 xp pro. something is amiss as it gets to the end and wants to send an error report.
i know the game is designed for windows 95/98 with direct x 6.1. could this be an issue? :whistling:
thank you in anticipation.
ian
if this is on twice sorry. :blink:

Advertisements

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
that could be the issue the game probably does not understand the type of direct x you are using recommend usingthe version of direct x thats ment for it :whistling:

icer

icer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
mike,
right, i assume that it is possible to download 6.1.
and excuse me for being dense, but, will this in any way affect my exixting direct x which i think is 10 or similar.
i have a little computer knowledge which for me is a dangerous thing. if it is possible to tangle it all up i will.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Direct x is backwards compatible, but tomb raider is not compatible with some of the inherent security of windows xp. There is no reason to install direct 6 as it is already "in there"

I found this, which supposedly indicates how to install TR

http://www.tombraide.../windowsxp.html