Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Halo 1 Trouble, HELP PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

BlackHawk

BlackHawk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey guys, i installed halo 1, and i started it up by clicking on play, then the game minimized after about 1 minute and it said, Halo- Fatal Error and the message was:
A problem occured initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG.

I know my pc, and the video card is a very good ATI radeon 256mb agp 8x, and i doubt that is the problem. but can someone please tell me how to fix this problem? i really need the help, becuase i just bought it and i want to play it badly.

im depending on you guys! Thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

Desiredfx

Desiredfx

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Check for a patch for the game from the game maker.

Right Click on your Desktop and Choose Properties
once the Display Properties come up,
Choose the settings tab,
and choose advanced button,
Now you choose troubleshoot Tab at the top and see what the hardware acceleration is set on None are Full Move the slider to Full and reboot the pc and try your game again.

if it crashes again?
Go to
Start / Run DXDIAG
note the Version of direct X

go to the Display tab of Directx Diag and test the Directx features.

see the DirectX Files tab and look for *no problems found

Desiredfx

Desiredfx

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Here's a link, i searched for halo at MS and got a few hits not sure if this is the same game in quiestion though.. hopes this helps too.

http://support.micro...?scid=pchalofaq

BlackHawk

BlackHawk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
k guys, i updated drivers, and i downloaded the patch for halo cuz i got SP2 and a 256mb video card...the game started up...but i never got to the main screen again, i saw some of the advertising companies that made the game...and then the screen was on a simple page that said HALO and no buttons on it...but the screen shook and it was dissorted, i could hear the mouse going over the buttons but i did not see any....can u help me once again? thanks.

BlackHawk

BlackHawk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh and i let it play thru....* the gearbox and microsoft logos* then where the main screen or menu should be all i hear is the music, but i get a total black screen...!! :tazz:

Captin_Butch_Flowers_RVB

Captin_Butch_Flowers_RVB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all
I was experiencing the exact same problem as you with Halo 1.
I went to the following web site:
http://www.microsoft...o/downloads.asp

I downloaded the HOT FIX v1.06 patch. Go to your where Halo is installed on your system (Example= c:\programme files\Games\ Microsoft games\ Halo and paste the patch into this location. Run the patch. ( a new window will appear) just click run this patch again and it will update.

When its finished updating run Halo and enjoy! ;)

Hope this works

Take things easy

Flowers Out ;)

*The time line?? Time is not made out of lines! It is made out of cirrcles, thats why clocks are ROUND!"

If you like Halo check out www.redvsblue.com and have a look at the videos - very funny stuff :tazz:

SlAuGhTeR GEEK

SlAuGhTeR GEEK

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i have a big problem i have an

ATI RAIDION 9600XT 256mb

and it still says
--------------
Fatal error
--------------
could not intallize Direct3d.Hardware may not be accelerated or disabled.
-----end error-

now i have installed all the correct
and up to date drivers including directX9.c and updated my Catlyst Controle to 5.4
what else is there i need to do

i have also checked that my HARDWARE EXCELLERATOR slider is on full