Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

detects wireless wont connect

• Please log in to reply

jlynnking

jlynnking

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have a compaq presario 2500 that came with wireless built in. I have never had any trouble with it but today when I sign on it detects the wireless (which is a 2wire) but will not connect to it. Please help.

Advertisements

ajcool123

ajcool123

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hi!

what do you mean exactly it won't connect? do you see the signal in the wireless networks window? what exactly is the issue?

have you tried unplugging and plugging back in the router/modem?

let me know

jlynnking

jlynnking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
It detects that there is a wireless connection nearby but when I click connect it says network may no longer be in range but its sitting across the room. Sometimes it also says enedec.dll cant be found as well

speleocaver

speleocaver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I think you might try resetting the wireless router (little red button) and reseting your settings on your computer then go at it from non/secure settings. If this works you will then have to go through and setup a secure password in both your router and computer. What brand is your wireless router?
does your signal stregnth vary much. Try sitting right next to the router too. Perhaps your router has a power reduction feature? Have your buddy come over with his laptop and see if his works ok. If so then focus on your computer.